During the uncertainty of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, digital and remote teaching and learning have become priorities. Credible tools and resources to make this transition smoother are more important than ever as educators adjust lesson plans and classroom activities. The Friday Institute for Educational Innovation is continuing its commitment to supporting educators, collaborating with its community and providing resources for teaching and learning while educators and students are at home. See below for a collection of resources and stories about the work we’re doing.
- Teaching Remotely: A Practical Guide
- Code.org Virtual Summer Learning Workshops
- Remote Learning to Support NC Educators
- FI Connects
- Webinar Series: Exploring Next Generation Education During Times of Crisis Webinar Series
- Instructional Design Principles for Remote Teaching and Learning
- Recommendations for Instructional Leaders
Back to School: Helping Children with Math
Friday Institute Faculty Fellow Jessica Hunt, Ph.D., shares tips for caregivers or parents who are trying to help their children at home learn math concepts ranging from counting and place value to fractions.
Back to School: Tips to Encourage Kids to Practice Reading, Writing
Friday Institute Faculty Fellow Crystal Chen, Ed.D., shares tips for encouraging reading and writing for children in grades 6-12.
Back to School: Preparing for Learning Online
Friday Institute Director of Technology Programs Mark Samberg, Ed.D., offers tips for educators and parents as they prepare for online learning.