The Teaching the Beauty and Joy of Computing (BJC) Curriculum MOOC-Ed will help you be successful in teaching the AP Computer Science Principles course, whether you are new or experienced at programming and at using project-based, student-inquiry approaches in your classroom. Participants can choose to use this MOOC-Ed as an online course to obtain CEUs or as a set of flexible on-demand resources as they teach BJC.
During this course, participants will:
- Understand the AP CSP Framework Big Ideas and Computational Thinking Practices that are at the core of the BJC curriculum
- Understand the BJC curriculum content and pedagogy
- Learn about the Snap! programming language and how it enables students to learn programming through creation and experimentation
- Understand what BJC looks like in practice through student videos and how you can best guide your students’ learning, through expert videos and peer discussions
- Prepare to implement the BJC student-driven, inquiry-based learning approach in your classroom
The timing of participation is flexible and the course materials will remain available throughout the 2018-2019 academic year, so participants can join the course and participate at any time.