Teaching the Beauty and Joy of Computing Curriculum Online Course
The Teaching the Beauty and Joy of Computing (BJC) Curriculum online course will help you be successful in teaching the AP Computer Science Principles course, whether you are new or experienced at programming and at using project-based, student-inquiry approaches in your classroom. Participants can choose to use this course as an online course to obtain CEUs or as a set of flexible on-demand resources as they teach BJC.
During this course, participants will:
- Understand the AP CSP Framework Big Ideas and Computational Thinking Practices that are at the core of the BJC curriculum
- Understand the BJC curriculum content and pedagogy
- Learn about the Snap! programming language and how it enables students to learn programming through creation and experimentation
- Understand what BJC looks like in practice through student videos and how you can best guide your students’ learning, through expert videos and peer discussions
- Prepare to implement the BJC student-driven, inquiry-based learning approach in your classroom
The timing of participation is flexible and the course materials will remain available throughout the 2018-2019 academic year, so participants can join the course and participate at any time.
Friday Institute’s Online Professional Learning Now All On Demand
For the first time, the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation is offering all of its courses and modules on the PLACE on demand, allowing educators greater flexibility as they teach in-person and remotely this year.
Spring 2021 Online Professional Learning Courses Now Open for Registration
Free high-quality online professional learning courses for educators are now open for registration for the spring 2021 session.
Fall 2020 Online Professional Learning Courses Now Open for Registration
Free high-quality online professional learning courses are now open for registration for the Fall 2020 session.