This project has been archived.
Disciplinary Literacy for Deeper Learning explores what it means to read, write, speak, and listen for learning and creating knowledge across disciplines, including science, mathematics, history/social studies, and English/language arts. In this six-unit course, participants will learn how to engage students in deeper learning through disciplinary literacy practices and explore the model for inquiry-based disciplinary literacy.
- Strengthen your understanding of what it takes to engage students in deeper learning through disciplinary literacy practices;
- Explore the Model for Inquiry-Based Disciplinary Literacy and how it can promote deeper learning for your students;
- Engage in disciplinary literacy practices (e.g., close reading, digital learning, constructing and supporting claims);
- Experience multiple opportunities for personalized application of disciplinary literacy to your teaching context;
- Design, critically evaluate, and share Inquiry-Based Disciplinary Literacy lessons;
- Take action to become a teacher leader by engaging others in disciplinary literacy practices