NELA: Northeast Leadership Academy
The Northeast Leadership Academy is designed to develop highly skilled school leaders in fourteen northeast North Carolina school districts.The program focuses on preparing principals who are instructional leaders for rural, high poverty schools. For participating educators, the program offers:
- Two years of field-based experiences and coursework to earn a Master of School Administration degree and principal licensure;
- A full-time paid internship in year two;
- Funded travel to high performing, high poverty schools;
- A community-based paid internship during the summer;
- Individualized leadership coaching, early career induction and support.
NELA participants are committed to dramatically improving persistently low-achieving schools, and make a three-year, post-degree commitment to work in northeast high-need schools.
NELA graduates have the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to be effective leaders of change — using data to focus on results and reflect on practice.
For more information, please visit: go.ncsu.edu/nela.