Thank you for your interest in the NC-MSEN Pre-College Program Summer Scholars Camp at NC State!
MSEN Summer Scholars
In-Person STEM Camps 2022
Space: The Final Frontier (Week 1)
June 20 – June 24, 2022
Mon-Fri (9:00AM – 4:00PM)
Biomedical Engineering (Week 2)
June 27 – July 1, 2022
Mon-Fri (9:00AM – 4:00PM)
Math (Week 3)
July 5 – 8 & 11 – 15, 2022
Mon-Fri (9:00AM – 2:30PM)
Main Campus of NC State University
Program Summary: The North Carolina Mathematics and Science Education Network Pre-College Program (NC-MSEN PCP) at North Carolina State University (NCSU) has provided STEM enrichment to underserved middle and high school students for over 35 years. Each year, the program develops a summer academic program to provide STEM exposure and enrichment to students who live in central North Carolina.
MSEN is excited to offer (3) one-week 2022 Summer Scholars STEM Camps.
Now accepting applications for rising 7th – 12th grade students. Apply now for one, two, or all three camps.
June 20 – 24, 2022 – Space: The Final Frontier
Students will engage in hands on learning experiences designed to investigate and explore the unique world of living in space, space travel, and exploration. Some activities include creating a solar water generator, pin hole camera, telescope and more.
- Middle School students will take a math enrichment course that will help prepare them for math in the upcoming school year.
- High School students will explore the fundamentals of collecting, analyzing and interpreting data in a course called data science. Data Science helps transform data into meaningful information that allows for more informed decisions.
June 27 – July 1, 2022 – Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering (BME) is a fast-growing, interdisciplinary field that integrates engineering, mathematics, medicine, and science to improve human health and quality of life. In partnership with the Biomedical Engineering Department at NCSU, students will learn about the various components of biomedical engineering and its applications through hands-on learning experiences.
Our camp is designed to provide STEM enrichment via fun, hands-on, critical thinking based challenges that will prepare our scholars for their futures in STEM.
July 5– July 8 & 11 – 15, 2022 – Math
- Mathematics is the gatekeeper for entrance into four year college/universities and for success in STEM. Due to the pandemic, students have substantial gaps in their learning. This camp will assist with these gaps in mathematics with a re-teaching in the following areas: functions & graphing, trigonometry, exponents/logarithms, calculator usage. This camp will help students who are preparing to enroll in Math 4, pre-calculus, or AP Calculus in the fall.
Who Should Apply
Our June STEM camps (space & biomedical) welcome underserved students as well as any students with a love for STEM and interested in the pursuit of four-year college/university study. The camp is open to current 6th through 11th graders.
Our math camp is open to high school students who have completed Math 1, Math 2, and Math 3 (algebra 1, geometry, and algebra 2).
Lunch and snacks will be provided as part of the camp price. Students will eat lunch daily in one of the campus dining halls. Dietary needs will be met through the campus dining hall.
Materials and Supplies
All materials and supplies are included in our camp price.
Space and biomedical engineering camps will operate from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Math camp will operate from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Space & Biomedical Engineering Camps
$350 per camp for MSEN students & $500 per camp for non-MSEN students
$250 for MSEN students & $350 for non-MSEN students
Main Campus of North Carolina State University
How to Apply
Please read the following information below before completing the registration/application:
Please complete the following to register/apply:
- Registration/Application: https://forms.gle/paUaPHp42vhS4RU99
- MSEN Consent, Expectations, and Parental Permission form: 2022 MSEN Summer Scholars – Parental Permission
- Mandatory Online Parent Orientations (parents are only required to attend one meeting; the Zoom link is available within the online application form)
- Wednesday, March 23 @ 7 p.m. – Zoom (must register for camp in advance in order to attend this event)
- Tuesday, April 12 @ 7 p.m. – Zoom (must register for camp in advance in order to attend this event)
- Monday, April 25 @ 7 p.m. – Zoom (must register for camp in advance in order to attend this event)
- Thursday, May 5 @ 7 p.m. – Zoom (must register for camp in advance in order to attend this event)
- Tuesday, May 17 @ 7 p.m. – Zoom (must register for camp in advance in order to attend this event)
- Documentation to submit:(PowerSchool report or report card MUST have child’s printed name on it)
- Rising 7th-9th graders – most current 2021-22 report card or PowerSchool report
- Rising 10th-12th graders – unofficial transcript or PowerSchool report (with current grade point average)
Please submit all documents such as report cards and parental permission/consent forms to our general email address.
Registration and payment deadline is May 16, 2022.
Questions? Contact us at 919.513.8534 or email@example.com.